Tapestry Folkdance Center creates opportunities for participation in the joys of dance and music from around the world. Our dances are:
- Pay at the door: no pre-registration required (unless specified otherwise)
- No experience necessary, beginners welcome!
- No partner needed
- Alcohol free
- Family friendly
- Accessible to those with disabilities
Road Construction Update: Work continues on the road directly in front of Tapestry but both of our parking lots are accessible from the alley. See information on the Directions page.
May’s International Folkdance Program
This month, International Folkdance Fridays will feature dances that can be performed to the music of regional bands that you may find performing at local parties, like the Milwaukee band performing at Tapestry this fall – Orkestar Sloboda. The dances will hail primarily from Serbia and the Balkan countries, but as always, the teacher is responsive to requests from the dancers at hand. Instructor Dan Garvin is an accomplished and experienced International dance teacher with decades of experience. Whether you are new to folkdance or a regular at Tapestry, come and enjoy the party!
At its May 2016 meeting, Tapestry’s Board of Directors formally adopted the following five strategic goals. Tactics for achieving the goals, with required resources and responsibility areas, are in development. The Board will review at least twice yearly the tactics for prioritizing, shaping and implementing. The goals are:
- Provide joyous dance experiences in community, welcoming people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Grow and sustain world dance traditions through a broad range of dance offerings and dance education.
- Maintain an attractive, accessible, centrally located facility with excellent studios specifically designed for dance.
- Serve as a dance home for many different dance groups and communities.
- Assure sound ongoing governance and management of the organization.