Tapestry Folkdance Center creates opportunities for participation in the joys of dance and music from around the world. You’ll love dancing at Tapestry! No partner is needed to dance in this safe, family friendly, alcohol-free environment. Our facility is accessible to those with disabilities. For most classes, no experience is necessary and beginners are welcome! You can pay at the door: no pre-registration required (unless specified otherwise for special events).
- Daytime Zumba: Charilyn Yaple will be offering Zumba classes from 11 to noon, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays in December. Cost is $3 per class. Class is taught in Spanish but it is easy to follow along. Everyone is welcome!
- Salsa Social Dance is moving to 2nd and 4th Sundays. DJ MonchY will host a dance on Sunday, December 11, 7:30 – 10:30 pm. (No 4th Sunday this month due to the holidays but watch for more Latin Dance on January 8 and 22, 2017.)
- Learn the Marinera, the traditional Afro-Peruvian folk dance, with live music, December 18, 4 to 5:15. Taught by Julissa Angelik.
- Light Up The Night Holiday Dance Party, December 20, 7:30 – 9 pm, with instructor Caren Grantz Keljik. This dance party includes lessons on holiday-related dances from a variety of countries, including India (Diwali), Japan (New Year), China (New Year), Israel (Hanukkah), and more. $5
- Zumba with Sadie is CANCELLED on Christmas day, December 25.
- There is no Dance Church on December 25 or January 1.
Prepaid Dance Cards – Just in Time for the Holiday!
You’ve been asking for dance cards and now Tapestry is pleased to be able to say, “We’ve got them!” Beginning December 1, you can purchase a refillable dance card for $50 (cash, check or credit card) from a Tapestry admissions volunteer. The dance card can be used at any Tapestry-sponsored event (not a rental dance program). Learn more about our prepaid dance cards.
Registration is Open for Call of the Loon
Registration is now open for Call of the Loon Contra weekend is April 7-9.