Tapestry Folkdance Center creates opportunities for participation in the joys of dance and music from around the world. You’ll love dancing at Tapestry! No partner is needed to dance in this safe, family friendly, alcohol-free environment. Our facility is accessible to those with disabilities. For most classes, no experience is necessary and beginners are welcome! You can pay at the door: no pre-registration required (unless specified otherwise for special events).
We invite you to take a look at our programs. There’s a dance for everyone. Why not give it a try?
How Does Dancing Make You Feel?
That’s the question dancers were asked after Call of the Loon Contra Dance weekend. Here’s what some dancers had to say:
- “Connected with the best things in life – energy, passion, community spirit”
- “Beautiful, light, free – then exhausted”
- “Centered, gets my priorities realigned and makes me ready to face life again”
- “Refreshed and part of humanity; sensual in a safe environment.”
- “Joyfully alive and connected to others”
- “I feel beautiful, happy, and occasionally confused”
- “Happy: like meditating because my mind is on the dance and nothing else”
- “Young, vivacious, alive, joyful, fulfilled”
Road Construction Update: Work continues on the road directly in front of Tapestry but both of our parking lots are accessible from the alley. See information on the Directions page.
Tapestry’s Strategic Goals
At its May 2016 meeting, Tapestry’s Board of Directors adopted the following five strategic goals:
- Provide joyous dance experiences in community, welcoming people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Grow and sustain world dance traditions through a broad range of dance offerings and dance education.
- Maintain an attractive, accessible, centrally located facility with excellent studios specifically designed for dance.
- Serve as a dance home for many different dance groups and communities.
- Assure sound ongoing governance and management of the organization.