Tapestry Folkdance Center is a dance community space, operated by staff and volunteers. The Board of Directors of Tapestry values transparency, and so has provided the community with access to organizational minutes, financial information, operating policies and other organizational documents. If you have questions about these or other operating documents, please email our Executive Director, Mary Cummings.
- Tapestry Bylaws
- Accessibility Policy, Practices and Procedures (2015)
- Financial Information
- TC Swing letter to dance communities (2015)
Strategic Goals of Tapestry
At its May 2016 meeting, Tapestry’s Board of Directors formally adopted the following five strategic goals. Tactics for achieving the goals, with required resources and responsibility areas, are in development. The Board will review at least twice yearly the tactics for prioritizing, shaping and implementing. The goals are:
- Provide joyous dance experiences in community, welcoming people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Grow and sustain world dance traditions through a broad range of dance offerings and dance education.
- Maintain an attractive, accessible, centrally located facility with excellent studios specifically designed for dance.
- Serve as a dance home for many different dance groups and communities.
- Assure sound ongoing governance and management of the organization.