Tapestry Folkdance Center
December 15, 2014
Claudia Graebel Beermann
Mary Cummings, (Executive Director)
1. International Weekend Follow up (closed session)
Meeting went into closed session to further discuss the request and concerns of Amelia Hummel.
The Board decided to seek further advice from an attorney.
2. Minutes: November Minutes were approved.
3. Financial Report:
We have had significant financial activity in the past few weeks. We have received donations for both, the Tapestry operating budget ($16,027) as well as for the building campaign ($19,715).
4. Executive Director’s Report:
• State Arts Board Grant: We need to have 1-3 measurable organizational outcomes. Proposed goals:
Engage and develop young people as dancers in current and new programming.
Review and revise accessibility practices.
• The State Arts Board requires a mix of data to demonstrate completion of proposed outcomes.
5. Nominations for officers – January elections
• Positions to be filled in July 2015: Treasurer, Secretary, President, Vice President
• Marc has expressed interest in staying on as President.
• Claudia has expressed interest in the Vice President position.
• Barbara has expressed interest in remaining Treasurer. Jeanne has expressed interest in learning about the Treasurer position.
• Todd has expressed interested in the Secretary position. Marc will check with Madhu if he has interest in this position as well.
6. Committee structure in our community
Ed and Tuvia will develop a document to outline committee structure.
7. Policy Review – create team work on our policies
• Mary will continue to send policies & procedures to board members.
• Todd, David & Claudia have volunteered and will start meeting in January to review & revise the existing documents.
• Discussion ensued about adding document management to each document.
Next meeting: January 19th, 7:30pm.