Become a Member of Tapestry Folkdance Center
Members are the backbone of Tapestry Folkdance Center, a 501(c)(3) membership-supported organization. Memberships are an essential source of revenue that helps keep the doors open. Memberships also signify a commitment to this dance community. Members work together every week to make wonderful programs happen at Tapestry.
Membership is not necessary to attend dances, but most dances offer a member discount (usually $2 discount). If you attend three dances a month, that would save you $72.00/year – more than the cost of your membership. Having made a membership investment, many people find they are more likely to get out and dance – which brings the added benefits of exercise, friendship, fun and community!
Members receive: discounts on admission to most dances; a tax-deductible contribution; a member name button; invitations to the member meeting/potluck; a sense of connection with their dance community; and the satisfaction of contributing to the well-being of the organization.
There are two membership options: Individual Single Payment and Individual Sustaining Memberships.
- Individual Membership: $70/year
- Individual Sustaining Membership: Minimum of $10 per person per month
Memberships are fully tax-deductible. Amounts above $70 are donations.
A sustaining membership is a “budget-friendly” way to invest in the financial health of your dance home by transferring money to Tapestry every month directly from your bank account or PayPal account. With the sustainer program, you will have immediate member benefits, including the dance discount and a special dance button identifying you as a sustainer. All donors giving $100 or more per year will be listed in the Tapestry annual report. If your annual gift is $240 or above, you will be invited to an annual donor celebration.
How to Pay for a Membership
- Pay with PayPal. (Tapestry pays the 4% transaction fee).
- If this is for an individual membership: Enter at least $70 dollars and note that it is for membership in the “Instructions for seller” box on the review page of your payment.
- If this is for a sustaining membership: Enter in at least $10 per person. Check the “Make this recurring (monthly)” box. Please designate in the “special instructions for seller” box on the review page of your donation that this is for membership and the name(s) that should appear on your individual membership cards.)
- Pay with cash or check and save Tapestry the 4% transaction fee. Fill out a membership card and drop it off at the admissions desk at a dance or mail it to the Tapestry office:
Tapestry Folkdance Center
3748 Minnehaha Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Click below to become a member:
Thank you for becoming a Tapestry Member and supporting your dance home. Happy Dancing!