Renting Space at Tapestry Folkdance Center
Tapestry Folkdance Center is pleased to provide studio space to nonprofits, groups and individuals with a dance, movement, body awareness or educational focus, for dances and dance rehearsal, yoga, Tai Chi and similar activities. On occasion, the Center also rents to non-dance groups, such as community organizations or volunteer groups.
As a non-profit, Tapestry cannot rent to entities incorporated as for-profit businesses.
Rental Space & Amenities
Small Studio: Approx. 1,400 square feet. (119 max occ.) Includes mirror, sound system and acoustic piano.
Large Studio: Approx. 4,000 square feet. (266 max occ.) Sprung wood floor, sound system, DJ booth, space for a band, benches and rocking chairs for resting.
For the safety of our patrons, our equipment and facility, Tapestry Folkdance Center is a secured building. Renter will receive security instructions during the orientation session.
Tapestry’s entrance, hallways, studios and restrooms are handicap accessible, with no stairs or ramps. A unisex restroom is equipped with a wide doorway and grab-bars to accommodate wheelchairs. There are two handicapped parking spots in our adjacent parking lot. Tapestry maintains a list of contacts for interpretive services for the hearing impaired.
Rental partners with dance/movement activities can choose to be listed on the Tapestry website if information is provided to Tapestry staff in a timely manner. Long-term partners can be listed in the Programs: Rental Partners portion of Tapestry’s website, with a longer description of their group, as well as on the calendar (both website and hardcopy). Email and phone calls received about your group and programs will be forwarded to you by staff. When signing a contract with Tapestry, please indicate if your program is open to the general public, and if there are fees, tuition or donations.
Transit and Parking
Tapestry is readily accessible via bus (routes 7E and 23) and Blue Line light rail. (See Metro Transit to plan your ride.) Tapestry is also bike-friendly and you will find bike racks in front of the building for your use. Bikes are NOT allowed in the building.
Tapestry Folkdance Center has free parking in the lot to the south of our building (be sure NOT to park in the few slots clearly marked No Parking), as well as in the fenced lot across the street next to Midwest Window. On-street parking is usually available as well.
ALERT: In the spring of 2016, Minnehaha Avenue will be under construction for several months. 38th Street will also be closed for a two-week period. The parking lot next to our building will still be available but will only be accessible via the alley, from 37th Street (when coming eastward). On-street parking will not be available on Minnehaha and it’s likely the bike racks will be removed or moved to the parking lot during the construction.
Reserving a Studio
All rentals require a signed contract. If your organization fits our rental criteria and space is available, staff will place a temporary hold on the calendar and email a contract. When the signed contract is returned to the office, a staff member will sign it, send a copy to the renter, and set a date for a facilities orientation. Facilities orientation is mandatory.
For short-term rentals, your reservation is not secured until payment has been received. It is recommended that you submit a check along with your signed contract.
For long-term renters, you will be billed at the end of the month for the days specified in the contract for use that month. If a damage deposit is charged, it is due immediately.
Your contract reserves only the space designated in the contract and only for the time specified in the contract. If you require extensive preparation, please reserve extra time before and after your dance/rehearsal to allow for set-up. Expect to leave the studio promptly after your scheduled time.
If you are renting both studios, your group will have exclusive use of the lounge area, hallways and bathrooms, otherwise that space is shared by all persons using the building at that time.
- Tapestry Folkdance Center reserves the right to decline rentals based on the current or future needs of Tapestry’s own dance programs and organizational needs.
- Tapestry Folkdance Center reserves the right to change its rental rates with 60 days notice to renters.
- Tapestry Folkdance Center reserves the right to change its rental policies. Changes that apply to existing contracts will not go into effect for 60 days; changes will apply to all new rentals going forward.
- Additional requirements may apply; see rental agreement.
Tapestry Rental Rates
Rental rate is based on length of rental, facility rented, time of day and expected attendance.
- A short-term rental ranges from one visit to a 6-month contract. A long-term rental is 6 to 12 months.
- Daytime hours are 5 am to 5 pm; evening hours are 5 pm to midnight. Talk to staff if you anticipate your event will go beyond midnight
- Tell staff the number of people expected at your activity at the time your contract is drafted. If attendance at an event turns out to be significantly different than anticipated, billing will be adjusted accordingly. Tapestry reserves the right to verify attendance with a site visit.
Weekday Daytime Rental Rate (5 am to 5 pm)
|Either Studio||Small Studio
|1-35 people in attendance||$15/hr||$17.50/hr|
|36 or more people||regular rates||regular rates|
Weekend and Weekday Evening Rate
|Small Studio||Short –Term||Long-Term|
|1-35 people in attendance||$30/hr||$20/hr|
|36 to 50 people||$50/hr||$50/hr|
|1-35 people in attendance||$35/hr||$25/hr|
|75 to 100 people||$100/hr||$100/hr|
|More than 100 people||To be negotiated|
Non-Dance Rentals: Negotiable (call to describe prospective event and for rates)
As of 10/1/15, a damage deposit of $100 will be required for non-dance reservation and for dance groups over 50 people. The damage deposit will be returned 7 to 10 business days after the last date of rental. Any damages/losses/repairs/cleaning fees resulting from the activity of the renter or the renters’ guests will be withdrawn from the damage deposit, with any excess billed to the renter.
SHORT TERM RENTER
- Cancellations more than 1 month in advance of the reserved date will receive a full refund.
- If cancellation is given with less than 30 days notice, renter will receive damage deposit back but not the amount owed for the 30 days after notice is given.
- Severe Weather Cancellation: A full refund will be given for rental dates cancelled due to severe weather (which is, news media warnings to stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel).
LONG TERM RENTER
- We understand that occasional cancellations of single events may be necessary. If cancellations extend to multiple days or occur more often than once or twice a year, rental contract may be in danger. Cancellations should be rescheduled, or will be billed.
Tapestry Folkdance Center may cancel a rental for reasons of a) building repairs, b) scheduling conflicts, or c) evidence that renter is acting or may act in a dangerous, illegal, negligent or hazardous manner. If Tapestry must cancel due to a scheduling conflict, the renter will be notified as soon as the conflict is discovered and will be offered another time slot. If no other time is available, renter will receive a full refund (or will not be billed).
Building Use Policies
Food and Drink: Food and beverages, other than water in a closed container, are NOT permitted in the dance studios. Food can be consumed in the lounge/kitchen space. Renter is responsible for clean up of kitchen.
Tapestry is a smoke and alcohol free building. In order to accommodate persons with chemical sensitivities, we invite renters to consider making their event a fragrance-free event.
Clean-up: Renters are responsible for cleaning the space before they leave, for arranging the space as it was when they arrived, and for ensuring the building is locked and secure. Cleaning services may be available, if requested, for a cost of $35/hour.
Bike Policy: No bikes allowed in the building. There are bike racks on the front boulevard.
For additional information about scheduling and rental policies, or to schedule a visit to see the facility or to reserve space, please email our rental manager, Leslie MacKenzie or call 612-722-2914.