Folk and Ethnic Dance Programs at Tapestry
Tapestry supports a wide array of folk dance forms through short- and long-term rental partnerships. These are ongoing partnerships with classes open to the public. Please see the webpage for information about fees and registration.
- La Chayi Flamenco Dance: Intermediate Flamenco dance class, Sundays at 1 pm
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (RSCDS): Scottish social group dance group that meets Monday nights at 7:30 pm. New dancers welcome!
- E & K Zouk: Brazilian Zouk is a fun and sensual partner dance that fuses lambada steps with modern dance, hip hop and many other influences.
Folk Dance Partners Not Open to the General Public
- Minnesota Traditional Morris (MTM) – Traditional men’s Morris dance group
- Bells of the North – Women’s Morris dance group
- Fligmagearie – Scottish dance group
- Great Northern Border Dancers
If you are part of a folk or ethnic dance group and you are looking for rehearsal or dance space, contact our office.
Other Dance and Movement Programs at Tapestry
When space is available, Tapestry also rents to non-folk dance organizations. Priority is given to rentals that provide dance opportunities to the public, then to individual dancers or dance groups doing other types of dance, and then to organizations providing healthy movement activities to the community.
- City Lights Ballet: Individual and small group ballet lessons with veteran teacher Karen Glover.
- Dance Church: Dance church is an intentional space to celebrate life by dancing together. Come to dance. Dance your dreams with Anna Befort.
- Zumba with Sadie!: Zumba is an exhilarating dance fitness class for all ages and levels. It combines Latin and international rhythms into a 1 hour class of fun dancing in a party-like atmosphere! So ditch the workout and join the PARTY, with instructor Sadie Jelinek.
- PWR! Movement Classes for Optimal Health: Certified instructor Ruth Davini teaches PWR!4LIFE classes, a comprehensive neuroplasticity-principled program that integrates the latest research on rehabilitation, exercise, and wellness for people with Parkinson disease.