Present: Marc, David, David, Todd, Jeane, Akilah, Midge, Carole, Sue, Mary, Christy
Absent: Ed, Madhu
- The board took a few minutes to say goodbye to Mary and to welcome Christy. The board also welcomed Sue Martin as a new member. The board clarified that Sue Martin’s term will run through June 2020.
- The December and January minutes were approved, as amended.
- Executive Director’s report:
- Financial Statements. Mary reviewed the financial statements. As expected, the rate of giving increased substantially at the end of the calendar year. Tapestry is significantly ahead of budget in both unrestricted donations and rental income.
- Program Associate. Christy distributed a first draft of a position description for a new program associate. Vigorous discussion ensued. Christy will adjust the position description following the discussion and bring back to a future board meeting. She invited board members to provide additional thoughts via email.
- Board membership. Board members whose terms are expiring (Jeanne, Todd, Marc, Carole, and David K.) were asked if they would like the board to continue their terms past June 2017 for an additional year, though June 2018. Jeanne, Todd, Marc, and Carole said yes, David said no. The board members seeking continuation absented themselves. The remaining board members enthusiastically voted to continue their terms.
- Board officers. Midge and Carole presented a slate of new board officers, who will start service in July 2017:
Carole Wilson, president
David Dixen, vice president
Jeanne Novak, secretary
Todd Petersen, treasurer
The slate of officers was approved by the board.
- Board officer nomination procedures. The existing procedure has been to bring forward nominations for new board officers in January, to start in June. Midge and Carole suggested this schedule was too early, and proposed instead that nominations take place in March in future years. The board approved this proposal.
- Bemidji contra dance. David K. said he has been in contact with a dance organizer in Bemidji who is trying to start a contra dance there. He asked if Tapestry could contribute in some way. There was general interest in providing some sort of assistance, but board members suggested they would prefer to act on a more concrete proposal. David will speak further with the Bemidji organizer.
- Announcement. Board members will gather at Barbara Beltrand’s house on Wednesday March 1, 6:00-8:30 pm, for a social gathering to say good-bye to Mary and to welcome Christy, Michael (new marketing staff), and Sue.